I’m writing, because that’s what I do.
- Have you ever used a dating site/app?
I started dating my wife in 2006. We got pretty serious very quickly. I’ve not looked back. There were a few I’d done before then, but I’d pretty much given up on finding anybody by the time I met her. So. 2003, maybe? I can’t imagine what dating would be like these days.
- If you could live anywhere other than where you live now where would it be?
I’m not even sure at this point. Many of the things that attracted me to moving where I am now are just gone. With the COVID lockdowns, I really wonder if there’s anywhere where I could go at this point. One of the podcasters I listen to quite a bit has gone to Mexico. If you’d told me three years ago that Mexico would sound the least bit attractive, I’d have said you’re completely nuts. Same goes for Texas and Florida.
- Do you recycle?
Where I can.
- What is the weather like right now, as you write this?
It’s winter, but it hasn’t gotten really that cold very long yet.
- What was the last video you watched on YouTube?
I think I pulled up “Spaghetti Cat (I Weep For You)” trying to make sure I had my audio devices set up correctly. But, for the most part, I go out of my way to avoid anything from Totes-Didn’t-Used-To-Do-Evil Co.. And that includes YouTube.
- Write a news headline about your life.
You Thought You Knew
- What does the fourth text message in your phone say?
It’s a notice from FedEx. No, it’s none of your business. (And I don’t remember what it was, anyway….)
- How many states have you been to?
I don’t know, and I’m too tired to count. The only Pacific state I’ve visited is Washington, but I’ve been to many of the others.
- What was the last movie you saw in the theatre?
The Big Lebowski.
- What was the last movie you watched at home?
It’s December 30th; It’s A Wonderful Life
- Do you daydream?
- Where was the last place you went?
Given the lockdowns imposed by Governor Hoodor Blackface, and my own worry about catching the COVID, I think it was probably to Georgetown for my last infusion.
- What was the last show you watched an episode of?
Jeopardy! Just before the webinar I watched tonight.
- How many other countries have you traveled to?
See the question on the states. I think the last time I counted, it was like thirteen.
- Have you ever given someone a fake phone number?
Yes. We had this mentally-lll woman who’d call the radio stations, and inquire about our commercial order. “Did someone call and tell you to play it in that order?” Normally, I’d say “no,” but after about the fifth call from her, I said, “yes,” and gave her the number to the local weather service temperature reporting. Her husband called later after she’d caled about it, and explained what was going on. I apologized, and hope she got the help she needed.
- What is something you are relieved about right now?
That this year is almost over.
- What do you think of the Kardashians?
I really don’t think about them unless someone else brings them up.
- So far today how much have you gotten done off your to-do list?
A lot of it, but I’m on vacation, so I haven’t been doing a ton.
- Have you been in the hospital in the last 24 months?
- Spring, summer, fall or winter?