Now time to sort. *sigh* Followup to this from about a month ago.
Long story short, I found a bunch more music hanging around on my wheezing PC.
- Found stuff I knew I had, but hadn’t seen in awhile.
- Have freed up probably 30GB more of disk space
- More duplicates in the library I have to tidy up.
- Still way more music than free space on my iPhone
- ID3 information on many of the things I found is wrong
At some point, probably around 2008, I was using WMP for whatever reason, having switched up from whatever I was using on Linux, and very old iTunes on the Mac.
I had backups of other people’s PCs around, too, so there were lots of things from their libraries just sitting on my disks after I’d finished the jobs. I know some of it was my dad’s from various things I’d cleaned up for him. Obviously, he won’t be needing that stuff anymore. (He’s here…)
Others, I have only sketchy memories.
Regardless, at some point, I wrote a totes awesome skript that copied all those music files into a single directory..
Half a decade later, here I am, shuffling through all the refuse. *sigh* I really am probably not going to listen to a lot of that old school hip hop I had, or the smooth jazz that somehow crept its way in. Or would smooth jazz do something other than creep? Saunter, maybe?