Mistakes. Name your biggest ones
- That, though visually-stunning, a mistake
- As I’ve said a few times, not angling for more money from the four-letter company
- That trip this morning
I’ll write a bit about number three. I told the scheduler I needed to be at my work site by 7:30 in the morning. They scheduled me for a ride between 6:45 and 7:15. Unless they picked me up at the very end of that time, I’d have made it in by 7:30.
They picked me up at 7:08. Then there were two pickups, and a drop-off before they took me in.
I didn’t get to the office until 8:15. So, yes, I spent more than an hour in the car for a trip that takes twenty minutes.
Life would be a lot simpler if I could still drive.
I’m going to recycle for tomorrow.
yawn survey – 11/11/2011
1. What’s your height? 6‘0”
2. Do you have a pool at your house? I live in an apartment. No.
3. Do you own a gun? One that blows bubbles, yes.
4. Favorite color? Blue
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor’s appointment? Not as much as I used to, but with all the fucked up things docs have done to me the past two years, I’ve got good reason.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Serve their purpose
7. What’s your favorite Christmas song? “Santa’s got a mullet.”
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Something cold for pills. Coffee later.
9. Can you do push ups? No idea. My eyes get weird when I exercise.
10. What would you name your daughter if you were about to have one? Marie. I’m a Cajun. It’s kind of a requirement. If, in the very unlikely event we have a kid, I’d like to give him/her a French first name to go along with my French surname. But the chances of fathering a daughter aren’t great; out of 20 kids in the past three generations, there’s only two girls.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding band.
12. Favorite magazine: Reason
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? This is a joke, right?
14. Favorite candy? Caramel. Or taffy.
15. Three adjectives to describe yourself? Old. Pedantic. Numb.
16. Middle Name? Matthew.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1. I’m losing interest in this survey. 2. I care absolutely nothing about what’s on TV right now. 3. I’m getting sleepy.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought: Sushi, Beer, Pizza. And that all dates back to Wednesday night. I didn’t leave my apartment between about 10p Wednesday, and 6p tonight.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Soda. Gin. Beer.
20. What is your favorite cartoon? Beavis and Butthead.
21. Do you recycle? Yes.
22. Current worry? Christmas presents.
23. Best thing in the WHOLE WORLD? my wife.
24. Favorite place to be? At home with my wife, something good-smelling cooking, and no work the next day.
25. What do you think of this statement: There’s something wrong with a person who doesn’t like cats, dogs and children?
Stereotypes are often wrong. But, yes, those cats would eat you; they’re just not big enough.
26. Where would you like to go? Chemically-induced coma.
27. Do you own slippers ?Nope.
28. What color shirt are you wearing? Blue.
29. Do you burn or tan? Tan. My pale wife and mother hate me for it.
30. What color is your couch? Black.
31. Would you be a pirate? No.
32. Give a plug for your favorite cause… MS sucks. Find out what triggers it, then figure out how to cure it.
33. What songs do you sing in the shower? N/A.
34. Do you like to go camping? Probably not, these days. I’ve grown kind of attached to indoor plumbing.
35. Who is the most physically beautiful person you know? I have no idea, really.
36. Funniest movie ever? Dr. Strangelove.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Transformers
38. Worst physical pain you’ve ever had? Bruised kidney. Painful, and you get to pee blood!
39. Do you think Tyra Banks is fat? Fat? No. Possibly a Grey? Yes.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Just one right now. In the bedroom, there’s a cable box attached to a computer monitor. It works.
41. Who would you like to spend the day with today if you could? My wife. And I’ve done just that, even though I worked eight hours.
42. Who would you like to spend the night with tonight if you could? My wife. Duh.
43. Do you consider yourself a nosy person? Sometimes. Not so much for personal gossip.
44. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Vanilla.
45. What is your favorite book? I really don’t know at this poit.
46. What is your favorite chocolate? Belgian.
47. Favorite alcoholic beverage? Gin Martini.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I don’t’ have anything in particular I want.
49. What were you doing at 12AM last night? Trying to fall asleep.
50. On a scale of 1-10 how wonderful do you think you are? I think my actions warrant at least a hearty 6.5.